RICH STICKY DATE PUDDING WITH TOFFEE SAUCE RECIPE
Prep time - 15 mins | Cook time - 45 mins | Serves 6-8
One of the most delicious, indulgent and easiest deserts around, this one is given extra depth and flavour by the rich muscovado sugar.
210 grams (1 ½ cup) pitted dates
250ml (1 cup) boiling water
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
110 grams butter, chopped
135 grams (¾ cup) Sugars of the World Australian Muscovado Sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
150 grams (1 cup) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
150 grams butter, chopped
185 ml (¾ cup) cream
265 grams (1 ½ cup) Sugars of the World Australian Muscovado Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease and line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper.
2. Place the dates, water and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Tip this mixture into a food processor, add the muscovado sugar and butter and blitz until well combined. Add the eggs and flour and blitz again for 10 seconds.
3. Pour mixture into your baking tin and smooth the top. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until cake feels just cool to the touch.
4. Meanwhile, for the toffee sauce; combine all ingredients in a small saucepan on medium/high heat. Cook for five minutes, stirring until the butter has completely melted into the sauce.
5. Cool pudding in the tin then serve in squares with the hot toffee sauce and extra cream.