DOUBLE CHOCOLATE AND CARDAMOM BROWNIES
Prep time - 10 mins | Cook time - 20 mins | Makes about 12
Everyone loves a brownie right? And these ones, rich and spiced with the coconut blossom sugar and cardamom are just that little bit more delicious and interesting!
180 grams unsalted butter
180 grams dark chocolate
165 grams (¾ cup) Sugars of the
World Indonesian Coconut Blossom Sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
225 grams (1 ½ cups) plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
255 grams (1 ¾ cups) chocolate buttons
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) and line a lamington tin (about 30cm by 20cm with 3cm sides, or thereabouts) with parchment paper.
2. Place the butter and chocolate together in a small saucepan on medium heat and cook, stirring often until the chocolate has melted completely into the butter. Set aside to cool for a few minutes while you whisk the eggs and coconut blossom sugar together until pale and fluffy.
3. Fold the chocolate mixture into the sugar and eggs, then add the cardamom, vanilla, flour, salt and chocolate buttons and gently fold until just combined.
4. Spoon mixture into the prepared tin and smooth over the top.
5. Bake for 20 -25 minutes then let cool in the tin before slicing into wedges and serving.