COLOMBIAN-STYLE MILK PUDDING WITH RUM-SOAKED RAISINS RECIPE
Prep time - 10 mins plus four hours chilling | Cook time - 5 mins | Serves 4-6
Gorgeously silky smooth with a gentle warmth from the rum and sugar; this is a great dessert and would also be beautiful served alongside grilled or roasted seasonal fruit as you would a vanilla panna cotta or sweet mascarpone mixture.
40 grams (¼ cup) raisins
125 ml (½ cup) dark rum
1 litre (4 cups) whole milk
110 grams (½ cup) of Sugars of the World Colombian Panela Sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
1. Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with half of the rum. Let sit for a 20 minutes or more so the raisins become plump and soft.
2. Bring the milk to a boil over medium heat, then remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
3. Whisk together the panela sugar and egg yolks until pale then whisk this mixture into the warm milk. Add the remaining rum and return to heat. Bring back to boiling point then remove from heat and whisk in the gelatin.
4. Divide mixture among small bowls or one large one then, cover and place in the fridge for four hours or overnight to set.
5. Serve with the rum-soaked raisins.